Thursday, July 2, 2015

Half Marathon: The 'Official' Training Has Begun

I've been running for five weeks now with one of my friends, but this week marks our first week of actual training. It's been a bit crazy because my friend started a new job this week, so we've had to tweak the schedule a bit, but tonight my husband and I went running. Personally, I didn't do too well. I was having a difficult time breathing and I felt horrendously sick, but I ran my fastest documented mile (12.46) with a majority of that actually walking. I have fifteen weeks and two days until the race (Nike Women's Half in San Francisco). It'll be my first half marathon, and I'm really nervous that I won't be ready, so I've been contemplating doing another half marathon a month prior to dip my feet in, and that half marathon isn't as strict about time as the Nike Women's.

The goal of this blog was to document my yoga and cooking, but I have so far done neither. I have let my yoga slip a lot since coming out of the hospital, and I don't cook anymore. Being in the hospital kind of screwed all my plans, and I'm still working on coming out of that funk. I still have a hard time even leaving the house, but I'm working towards bigger goals now.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get out of my yoga funk, especially now that I'm running every other day. Yoga needs to become an important thing in my life again if I want to become healthy and whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment